JULY’S “DINNER PARTY” THEME
July’s connection with festivities has inspired the theme of “Dinner Party.” Through our three featured songs – plus a party favor extra – we are going to take you as our guests through a virtual musical dinner party. Our goal this month is to present our three songs in a way that reflects three distinct phases of a really great dinner party: Introductions, Exciting Group Activity, and Deeper Personal Connection.
- ”Some Enchanted Evening” is all about the potential to be found at a dinner party. Nathan Bird, voice Naomi Bird, piano
- We kept it light (literally!) with the NorrSound Three Tenors’ jovial rendition of the classic “O Sole Mio!” Sunlight abounds in the accompanying collection of artful photographs and drawings of suns, all contributed by our virtual guests (email audience). Recording features tenors Nathan Bird, David Walton, and John DeCausmeaker, with pianist Mark Bilyeu, recorded at Chanhassen Dinner Theatres
- “Father’s Day” brings a close-up imaginative look at the parent-child relationship, a likely topic amongst small groups that form as the evening progresses. Nathan Bird, voice (and whistling!) Naomi Bird, piano
- bonus track, in honor of Independence Day: “The Battle Hymn of the Republic” (arranged by Mark Hayes)
*In the Order Notes box (in the check-out process) let us know your recipient’s name and address. The packet will include a note that it was gifted from you.
– WHY BUY? –
STAY CONNECTED WITH LOW-TECH SENIORS
When you are looking for a way to share new music and writings with low-tech seniors, or others who choose to not enter the online social space, our SongNotes from the Birds packets are a special option.
Our SongNotes from the Birds printed packets consist of
- A CD with the featured songs for the month (July = 4)
- Songs can also be streamed online
- An 8 1/2 x11 inch printed compilation of the articles that accompany the featured songs
- Medium-large font, in full color
SHOW THAT SHE IS NOT FORGOTTEN
Our music and writings are chosen and created to reflect the values and interests of the, well, more experienced generations that are special to us. We personally love the sacred and classic music that populate our collections, and we find that the recipients appreciate seeing that their own familiar songs are not being forgotten. In the busyness of what the global online world has to offer, the gifting of a SongNotes packet is one way to show that we remember and honor the lives that have been living much longer than our own, and to say, “I see you. I love you. I want to include you.”
And – during this COVID quarantine time, it’s harder than ever to stay physically connected with those in senior living or skilled nursing facilities. This gift is like a virtual concert experience to share even long-distance.
CREATE AN EXPERIENCE FOR YOURSELF
(This doesn’t have to only be a gift 🙂
You don’t love staring at the screen or connecting to devices? With the printed pack you can pretend you’re at a concert holding a program, or you can relax on your own couch for your own private living room musicale. You could even host a small listening party or use the packet and CD as a conversation starter with those in need of a pick-me-up.
|Dimensions||12 × 9 in|