Our SongNotes from the Birds DIGITAL packets consist of
- MP3 files of the featured songs for the month (July = 4)
- A PDF of the printable collection of articles about each of the songs
- Medium-large font, in full color
– WHY BUY? –
CREATE AN EXPERIENCE FOR YOURSELF
Pretend you’re at a concert while you relax on your own couch for your own private living room musicale.
Host a small listening party or use the songs and writings as conversation starters with those in need of a pick-me-up.
STAY CONNECTED WITH LOW-TECH SENIORS
When you are looking for a way to share new music and writings with low-tech seniors, or others who choose to not enter the online social space, our SongNotes from the Birds packets are a special option.
**Note that this item is digital – you will receive the PDF and the MP3 files for the songs, but we do not handle the printing or distribution. See our PRINTED SongNotes products for that option.***
SHOW THAT SHE IS NOT FORGOTTEN
Our music and writings are chosen and created to reflect the values and interests of the more experienced generations that are special to us. We personally love the sacred and classic music that populate our collections, and we find that the recipients appreciate seeing that their own familiar songs are not being forgotten amongst the busyness of what the global online world has to offer. Gifting of a SongNotes packet is one way to show that we remember and honor the lives that have been living much longer than our own, and to say, “I see you. I love you. I want to include you.”
And – during this COVID quarantine time, it’s harder than ever to stay physically connected with those in senior living or skilled nursing facilities. This gift is like a virtual concert experience to share even long-distance.
HOW AND WHEN YOU WANT
Download the files to read on a device and add to your audio playlists so that internet access is not a factor in experiencing and sharing this product.
You could even create your own CD and print your own booklet. (See our PRINTED SongNotes products if you want us to do that for you.)
JULY’S “DINNER PARTY” THEME
July’s connection with festivities has inspired our July theme of “Dinner Party.” Through our three featured songs – plus a party favor extra – we are going to take you as our guests through a virtual musical dinner party. Our goal this month is to present our three songs in a way that reflects three distinct phases of a really great dinner party: Introductions, Exciting Group Activity, and Deeper Personal Connection.
- ”Some Enchanted Evening” is all about the potential to be found at a dinner party. Nathan Bird, voice Naomi Bird, piano
- We kept it light (literally!) with the NorrSound Three Tenors’ jovial rendition of the classic “O Sole Mio.” Sunlight abounds in the accompanying collection of artful photographs and drawings of suns, all contributed by our virtual guests (email audience). Recording features tenors Nathan Bird, David Walton, and John DeCausmeaker, with pianist Mark Bilyeu, recorded at Chanhassen Dinner Theatres
- “Father’s Day” brings a close-up imaginative look at the parent-child relationship, a likely topic amongst small groups that form as the evening progresses. Nathan Bird, voice (and whistling!) Naomi Bird, piano
- bonus track, in honor of Independence Day: “The Battle Hymn of the Republic” (arranged by Mark Hayes)